About MERJ EXCHANGE
MERJ EXCHANGE LIMITED is the operator of MERJ EXCHANGE, the only licensed securities exchange in the Republic of Seychelles. MERJ has established and administers rules for the listing, trading, clearing and settlement of securities and other financial instruments.
MERJ EXCHANGE LIMITED and its wholly owned group companies collectively operate the entire end to end exchange and post trade infrastructure, covering exchange, clearing, settlement, registry and depository services. This relatively unique set up along with the years of close collaboration and trust built with our regulators has paved the way for MERJ to be an innovator and global leader in the exchange space.
Global trade is in the DNA of Seychelles making it a fitting location for a global exchange. Seychelles lies at the heart of the old Indian Ocean trade routes which were traversed by Asian, Arab and African traders for centuries. Seychelles now boasts a modern international financial services portfolio, a forward thinking financial services regulator, low taxes, fibre optic connectivity and more making it the ideal location from which to operate a modern, global exchange.
We invite you to join us in building a new 21st century global financial market ecosystem.
MERJ EXCHANGE Limited, formerly Trop-X (Seychelles) Limited, was incorporated in the Republic of Seychelles in 2011. The exchange went live in 2012.
The MERJ founders and the key strategic partners acquired over time bring a diverse and complementary range of skills in securities, regulatory, banking, IT, fund administration, project management and other areas of financial services.
MERJ is pioneering the next generation of global financial markets leveraging blockchain technology to create the world’s first truly global, direct access end to end regulated exchange built for the consumers of financial markets, issuers and investors.
- Primary and secondary markets, clearing, settlement, registry/depository
- Global deal promotion, issuance and distribution platform for complaint global securities token offerings
- Primary, secondary and cross listings from global issuers
- Direct participation and access to exchange and post trade for global participants
- Fully fledged national securities exchange (i.e. listed securities qualify as “listed” for investment mandates)
- Interoperability with other markets across the globe to support cross listings
- Immutable cap tables and ownership registers maintained on a distributed ledger (Ethereum)
- Multi-asset - equity, debt and derivative securities, including securities tokens, digital assets and hybrid instruments
- Multi-currency settlement in major fiat, stable coins, major cryptocurrencies
- 24/5 trading and processing, possibly extending to 24/7 in the future
MERJ EXCHANGE Limited (MERJ EXCHANGE)
is a licensed securities exchange
MERJ Clearing and Settlement Limited (MERJ CLEAR)
is a licensed clearing agency and authorised operator of a national securities clearing and settlement system
MERJ Depository and Registry Limited (MERJ DEP)
is a licensed Seychelles securities facility
The exchange went live in August of 2013 with the launch of the Equities Markets
Corporate Social Responsibility
The board and management of MERJ EXCHANGE view corporate social responsibility as a key business objective. Responsible business is embedded within the Company’s Strategy and is supported across the business.
Clear governance structures and visible leadership play a vital role in embedding corporate responsibility throughout the Company.
In order to practically facilitate our corporate social responsibility, MERJ supports programs intended to build educational capacity in the financial services industry.
MERJ will ensure a continued and structured commitment to improving knowledge and opportunities in the local community.
Global Securities & Digital Asset ExchangeInvest in Global Market Freedom
Team & Advisors
Meet the team behind MERJ and it's advisors
News & Announcements
Latest news and Market announcements