The MERJ listing framework provides for the role of a listing sponsor (Sponsor Advisor). Sponsor Advisors are qualified global advisors of issuers of securities (including securities tokens) and digital assets. A MERJ approved Sponsor Advisor must be appointed by an issuer seeking to apply for a primary listing of securities or digital assets on either MERJ Primary or MERJ EXCHANGE.
MERJ Sponsor Advisors provide a value-added service to issuers and help maintain the overall integrity of MERJ markets. They have a primary obligation to MERJ by ensuring adherence by applicants and listed issuers to the prevailing Listing Rules in place at the time. They advise issuers on their initial and ongoing obligations as laid out in the Listing Rules.
MERJ provides a unique combination of a regulated global primary market platform (MERJ Primary) along with a regulated global secondary market (MERJ EXCHANGE) each of which support securities (including securities tokens) and digital assets. Issuers range from early stage startups through to seasoned companies. As a licensed and regulated national securities exchange, securities and other instruments listed on MERJ are considered listed securities under Seychelles law and will usually qualify as “listed securities” in terms of regulations of foreign markets. This means potentially attracting a broader range of global investors and a larger portion of investment mandates both on the primary and secondary markets.
List of Sponsor Advisors
Sponsor Advisor Requirements
MERJ approved Sponsor Advisors may advise issuers of different asset classes (digital assets, funds, equities, debt) based on their qualifications.
In order to qualify as a Sponsor Advisor, an applicant must meet one of the following minimum requirements:
- Licensed Seychelles securities dealer
- Seychelles practicing attorney
- Seychelles practicing accountant
- Fund administrators in Seychelles or a “recognized jurisdiction” (for funds only)
- Licensed securities broker/dealer or financial institution in a “recognized jurisdiction” (Austria, Australia, Belgium, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Canada, Cayman Islands, Cyprus, Denmark, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Guernsey, Hong Kong, Isle of Man, Ireland, Japan, Jersey, Luxembourg, Malaysia (including Labuan), Mauritius, Netherlands, New Zealand, Singapore, South Africa, Switzerland, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States of America
- Practicing attorney in a recognized jurisdiction
- Practicing accountant in a recognized jurisdiction
- Licensed fund administrator in a recognized jurisdiction (for funds only)
Note: in most circumstances, MERJ will restrict any Sponsor Advisor not domiciled in Seychelles to advising issuers domiciled in the same jurisdiction where the Sponsor Advisor operates.
For more information please contact us on the Enquiries page.
Global Securities & Digital Asset ExchangeGLOBAL MARKET FREEDOM
MERJ Exchange is an innovative end-to-end, multi-market global financial exchange for Equities, Debt and Derivatives. MERJ is soon to launch its digital assets and security token markets along with the opportunity to invest in MERJ Exchange.
Learn more about the global financial market ecosystem MERJ is building
Learn more about the International Securities Identification Number